Kala Jamun sweets are very delicious specially made during Diwali festival. They are very dark made with Khoya and Paneer. Kala Jamun outer layer looks very crispy but they are very soft from inside. As Diwali 2014 is coming I’m sharing this Delicious Kala Jamun recipe, if you experienced it please don’t forget to share your experience with us in comments.
Servings: 4 People
For Jamun :
- 2 cup (500gms) Plain Khoya (Mava)
- 1 cup grated Paneer
- 4-6 tbsp Maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- A pinch of baking powder
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter - to knead
- Ghee - for deep frying
For Sugar Syrup:
- 4-5 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon - Green cardamom powder
How to make Kala Jamun:
- Grate the khoya & paneer and mix well. Add cardamom powder, sugar and baking powder.
- Mix the maida and 1 tbsp ghee. Combine everything well and knead till smooth dough. Keep it aside for minimum 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare sugar syrup. In a pan add 4 cups of water and mix the sugar. Keep it on medium flame and check the consistency. It takes only 15-20 mins.
- Grease you palm with ghee. Take the dough and make medium sized balls jamun or you can make bullet shape jamuns.
- Heat ghee in pan for deep frying. Once its ready, start frying balls on low flame. Fry it until its color turns to black remove it from ghee pan and drop in Sugar syrup.
- Soak the Jamuns in syrup for about 5 hours. Then remove it from the syrup and coat it with grated nuts or coconut powder.