- 1.5 kg pork belly pieces
- 15 gm fennel seeds (whole)
- 10 gm sea salt
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 Carrots (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 2 Onions
- 2 Celery sticks (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- White wine (1 bottle)
- 75 gm flour
- Preheat your oven to 220 degree Celsius. Now take the pork belly pieces and make deep cuts into the fat (and not the meat) using a sharp and pointed knife. It is better to make close cuts that would give a better crackling effect to your meat pieces. Now take a mortar and pestle and smash the fennel seeds and seal salt. Now rub this mixture onto the pork and make sure that this dry rub enters the cuts you made.
- Now wash the vegetables and put some olive oil on the baking tray. Place the vegetables on the baking tray cut the onions into quarters. Place the onions on the baking tray as well. Add smashed garlic cloves and the thyme.
- Place the pork over the vegetables and roast for 20 minutes till you see the skin turning golden brown. Reduce the temperature to 170 and cook further for 1 and ½ hours. Add the wine and roast for another 1 hour.
- Take the veggies out and cook on medium heat with some flour. Add the wine and cook for few minutes. Keep stirring. Serve.